The Woodlands is a master-planned community located in the northern suburbs of Houston, Texas. It is known for its extensive system of parks, hiking and biking trails, and recreational facilities.
It also has a variety of shopping, dining, and entertainment options, as well as a strong economy and excellent schools. The Woodlands are also home to several major corporate campuses and business parks.
A popular food to be found in The Woodlands are burgers, with a range of restaurants offering only the juiciest and most decadent burgers that you will find in Texas.
With this in mind, we are going to be looking at the restaurants that serve up the best burgers in The Woodlands so that you know exactly where to go to satiate your burger craving when you are visiting the town! Let’s get started.
If you are looking for choice and versatility with your burgers, then The Kitchen is a great place to start when it comes to burgers in The Woodlands.
Whether you are in the mood for a burger that is a little healthier, one with a unique combination of tastes or just your standard all American burger, then you are sure to find it at The Kitchen.
Some of the burgers on the menu at The Kitchen are as follows:
- The American Burger 2.0: A standard beef patty with bacon, pickles, American cheese, A.C. sauce, red onions and lettuce on a brioche bun.
- Venison Burger 2.0: Texas wagyu grind with South Texas antelope alongside Swiss cheese, picked red onions, harissa aioli, crispy garlic scallions, arugula and sunflower seeds on a brioche bun.
- Signature Fried Chicken: Fred chicken with dill picks and honey mustard barbecue sauce on a brioche bun (with the option of an added fried egg or bacon jam).
- Main Lobster Smash Burger: A beef patty with American cheese, butter poached lobster, scallions, miso tomato aioli and lettuce on a brioche bun.
- The Beyond Burger: Beyond Meat meatless patty with house made A.C. sauce, white cheddar and baby spinach on a brioche bun.
- Cowboy Burger: A beef patty with avocado, yellow cheddar, white cheddar, mixed greens, tomatoes, onions, jalapeños, bacon, dill pickles and tomatoes on a brioche bun.
- Reuben: a corned beef patty with house made sauerkraut, baby Swiss cheese and house made A.C. sauce on a sourdough bun.
- Hangover Burger: A beef patty with an over easy egg, pickled red onions, American cheese, bacon jam, crispy garlic, and arugula on a brioche bun.
The Kitchen also serves up a range of other dishes such as soups, salads and unique takes on classic Southern dishes, such as a truffle macaroni and cheese gratin, crawfish queso and Vietnamese chicken wings to name a few.
For unique burger combinations as well as some classic tastes and a range of other dining options should you want to try something else as well, The Kitchen is definitely the place to go whilst in The Woodlands.
The Republic Grille is a restaurant that serves American cuisine with a focus on steaks and seafood. It also offers a wide selection of wines and cocktails.
The restaurant is known for its casual atmosphere and outdoor seating. There is also the option of private dining at The Republic Grille, as well as catering services.
When it comes to the burgers served up at The Republic Grille, they are relatively standard but also highly succulent and sure to please even the most critical burger fans.
You get a choice of bun when you order a burger at The Republic Grille, those being the following:
- Jalapeño Cheese Bun
- Texas Toast
These different options can create a range of different tastes with your burgers, so if you switch up your chosen bun, then you can create all kinds of unique burgers flavors and textures.
When it comes to the fillings of your burgers, there are a couple of different burgers that you can get at The Republic Grille, including the following:
- Republic Burger: Half a pound of certified Angus beef or 100% ground turkey with your choice of cheese.
- Texafornia: Chicken breast that is either grilled or fried alongside tomato, avocado, lettuce, chipotle aioli and red onion. Add on some buffalo sauce for no extra charge.
- Portabello Sandwich: A grilled Portabello mushroom with red onion, fresh spinach, chipotle aioli, tomato and your choice of cheese.
- Turkey Club: Honey roasted turkey alongside peppered bacon with lettuce, chipotle aioli, tomatoes and cheddar cheese served on a Texas toast bun.
Though there aren’t a huge amount of different burgers to choose from, the choice of different types of buns and fillings along with the extras that you can add can make for some delicious and unique flavor combinations.
Beck’s Prime is a chain of restaurants located in Texas, one of which is in The Woodlands. The restaurant serves a variety of dishes including burgers, sandwiches, and salads. They are known for their high-quality ingredients and fast service.
The award-winning burgers to be found at Beck’s Prime are perfectly grilled and made from only the freshest ingredients, so you can be sure that your burger will be a winner every time.
Each burger is made from 100% certified Angus beef chuck, which is never frozen, instead being ground fresh every morning.
The burgers served up at Beck’s Prime includes:
- Hamburger: onion, mustard, tomato, lettuce and pickles.
- Cheeseburger: onion, mustard, tomato, lettuce, pickles and cheese.
- Bacon Cheeseburger: onion, mustard, tomato, lettuce, pickles, cheese and crispy bacon.
- B.P. Burger: tomato, lettuce and Prime Sauce.
- Chili Cheeseburger: cheddar cheese, onion and homemade chili.
- Shroom Burger: sautéed mushrooms with Swiss cheese, tomato, lettuce, onions and mayonnaise.
- Hickory Cheeseburger: American cheese and Hickory sauce.
- California Burger: guacamole, tomato, Swiss cheese and lettuce.
- Blue Cheese Burger: lettuce, tomato, mayonnaise and blue cheese.
- Bill’s Burger: sliced cheddar cheese, Prime Sauce, jalapeños, bacon, lettuce and sautéed onions.
- Bubba Burger: Prime Sauce, tomato, grated cheese and onion.
These options are relatively run-of-the-mill when it comes to burgers, which is an appealing choice for those who are looking for a good old-fashioned fast food restaurant style of burger.
That being said, some of the burger types you can get at Beck’s Prime- such as the Chili Cheeseburger, the Bubba Burger and Bill’s Burger- do bring something a little different to the table for those wanting to mix things up a bit.
This next restaurant offers a menu of contemporary American cuisine, with a focus on locally-sourced ingredients. The restaurant also features an extensive wine and craft cocktail selection.
As well as that, Fielding’s Local Kitchen + Bar is known for its casual, upscale atmosphere and friendly service.
When it comes to the burgers at Fielding’s Local Kitchen + Bar, there are only a few options, but they are unique choices that make for an interesting combination of flavors.
The burgers available at Fielding’s Local Kitchen + Bar are as follows:
- Griddle Cheeseburger: smashed twin beef patties with caramelized onions, American cheese and hot sauce mayonnaise on a brioche bun.
- Black & Blue Burger: A beef patty with bacon, Creole seasoning, pickles and Roquefort blue cheese on a brioche bun.
- Wood Grilled Dry Aged Burger: A beef patty with brie cheese, balsamic grilled onions and truffle mayonnaise on a brioche bun.
- Fried Chicken Sandwich: fried chicken with pimento cheese, Tennessee hot spices and pickle relish on a brioche bun.
Although there are only a few choices of burgers at Fielding’s Local Kitchen + Bar, they are definitely worth trying out thanks to their unique nature and their deliciousness.
The Omega Grill is the perfect place to go to grab some traditional American classics with a contemporary twist.
A small, family run business, The Omega Grill has plenty to offer, from pork chops to chicken- fried steaks, salads, sandwiches and- of course, burgers!
Similarly to Fielding’s Local Kitchen + Bar, there are only a few burgers on the menu at The Omega Grill, but they are incredibly unique and bring together a range of different flavors to create their own take on the standard burger.
Let’s have a look at the burgers on offer at The Omega Grill:
- BBQ Burger: peppered bacon, BBQ sauce, cheddar cheese and a fried onion ring.
- Free Range Bison Burger: A bison patty with onion, tomatoes, lettuce and pickles. You can also add on some cheese for $1.00, peppered bacon for $2.00 and cage-free eggs for $3.00.
- Impossible Burger: a plant based impossible patty with roasted tomato, avocado, smoked Gouda cheese, arugula, pesto aioli and basil.
- Pineapple Grilled Chicken: Grilled pineapple, Swiss cheese, Bravado blueberry ghost pepper hot sauce syrup and peppered bacon.
- Breakfast All Day Burger: A Farms 44 burger with peppered bacon, muenster cheese, a sunny side up egg, onions, tomatoes, lettuce, pickles and hash browns. You can change the bun of this burger to a Bacon Waffle bun for an additional $3.00.
- Omega Bacon Cheeseburger: A Farms 44 burger with tomato, onion, pickle, a choice of cheddar cheese or Swiss cheese and lettuce.
If you want to try something a little different for a burger, then The Omega Grill is the place to go in The Woodlands.
3B’s Burgers & Beer is a bar and grill that sells good old-fashioned traditional American classics, such as chicken wings, hot dogs, onion rings, fries and chicken sandwiches.
This is the place to go if you want to enjoy some classic burgers, but also for some unique takes on the standard burger as well.
The standard burgers to be found on the 3B’s Burgers & Beer menu are as follows:
- Bacon Cheese Burger
- Grilled Chicken Sandwich
- Crispy Chicken Sandwich
- Chicken Fried Burger
- Mushroom Swiss Burger
- Frito Pie Burger
- Green Chile Cheese Burger
Those last two burgers- the Frito Pie burger and the Green Chile Cheese burger- are a little more out there than some of the other choices, making for some interesting twists on classic burgers.
There are also some other, more unique burger choices available at 3B’s Burgers & Beers, such as:
- The Italian Cheeseburger: Mozzarella cheese, lettuce, Italian cherry peppers, spicy pepperoni and zesty marinara sauce.
- The Doerr Stopper: Swiss and American cheese, bacon, an onion ring, avocado, grilled mushrooms, a fried egg and bacon.
- The Barnyard Burger: Pepper jack cheese, jalapeños, onions, pulled pork, pickles, and barbecue sauce.
- Buffalo Blue Cheese Burger: Blue cheese crumbles, lettuce, bacon, grilled onions and Buffalo sauce.
- The “Bill” Burger: Cheese, jalapeños, pickles, grilled onions and barbecue sauce.
- Chipotle Chicken Melt: Chicken with Mozzarella cheeses, avocado, bacon, creamy chipotle sauce, and pickles.
For some classic and unique takes on the all-American burger, 3B’s Burgers & Beers is definitely one of the best choices of restaurant in The Woodlands to visit.
Black Walnut Café is a restaurant that serves up breakfast, lunch, and dinner whilst offering a wide range of dishes, including sandwiches, burgers, salads, and entrées, as well as a variety of desserts.
The menu also features a number of gluten-free and vegetarian options. As well as that, Black Walnut Café also serves a selection of local and craft beers, along with wine and cocktails.
This restaurant is similar to some of the others we have mentioned in that they only serve a few different types of burgers, but all of these burger recipes are creative takes on the standard burger that is sure to attract some attention.
The burgers that you can get at the Black Walnut café in The Woodlands are the following:
- The American Burger: A beef patty with tomatoes, shredded lettuce, spicy mustard mayonnaise, American cheese and house made pickles on a brioche bun.
- The Pimento Cheeseburger: A beef patty with shredded lettuce and house-made pimento cheese on a challah bun.
- The Beyond Burger: A Beyond Meat patty with jalapeño aioli, pickles, pickled jalapeños, white cheddar cheese, mixed greens and tomatoes on a wheat bun.
- Ultimate Bacon Burger: A beef patty with truffle bacon jam mustard, shredded lettuce, applewood smoked bacon, house made pickles, tomatoes and American cheese on a brioche bun.
- Doc’s Krazy Turkey Burger: A seasoned turkey patty with sautéed mushrooms, spinach, Swiss cheese, avocado and pesto mayonnaise on a wheat bun.
Black Walnut Café also serve up a range of dishes such as tacos, soups, salads, pastas and various starters and entrées, so it is the place to go if you are craving a burger that is a little different whilst you are out and about in The Woodlands.
Fielding’s Wood Grills serves American cuisine with a focus on wood-grilled dishes.
They use mesquite, hickory, and oak to grill their meats, fish, and vegetables, and they have a menu that features appetizers, salads, sandwiches, burgers, entrées, and desserts. They also have an excellent selection of wine, beer, and cocktails.
Fielding’s Wood Grill is known for its cozy atmosphere and excellent service, and it is considered as a great spot for casual dining.
The burgers at Fielding’s Wood Grill are some of the most unique that we have looked at yet, featuring classical recipes, recipes inspired by overseas dishes and inventive and delicious creations. Let’s take a look at the burgers you can grab there:
- Cowboy: A beef patty with lettuce, cheddar cheese, pimento cheese, bacon and candied jalapeños on a milk bun.
- Chicken Masala: Chicken with cashew chutney, mint, cucumber and yogurt ranch on a wheat bun.
- Double American Griddle: Twin smashed beef patties with red onion, mayonnaise, pickle spears, double American cheese, tomato and lettuce.
- Philly Cheeseburger: A beef patty with mushrooms, three cheese wiz, Old Bay seasoning and dashi peppers and onions on a milk bun.
- Wagyu: a Heartbrand Akushi Texas wagyu beef patty with New England cheddar cheese, barbecue brisket, truffle bacon mustard, pickled veggies and onion rings on a milk bun.
- Wood Grill: An Angus beef patty with grilled onions, house mayonnaise, B&B pickles, grilled onions, lettuce and tomato on a milk bun.
- Texas Blues: An Angus beef patty with bacon, pickled red onions, lettuce, fig jam, Point Reyes blue cheese and jalapeños on a wheat bun.
- Smoke: An Angus beef patty with a farm egg, bacon, oven roasted tomatoes, truffle bacon mustard, aged Italian provolone, lettuce and grilled onions on a milk bun.
There are also some options when it comes to swapping out your bun or adding on different ingredients to each of these burgers.
You can swap out the bun for a gluten-free bun for $3, or you can go completely bunless if you want to avoid it altogether. You can also opt for the Impossible meat free patty instead of the Angus beef patty to avoid the meat.
As well as that, you can opt for these additions for reasonable prices:
- American Cheese for $1
- Comte Cheese for $2
- Italian aged provolone for $2
- Local goat cheese for $2
- New England cheddar for $1.50
- Point Reyes blue cheese for $2
Fielding’s Wood Grill is also well known for its amazing steaks, so if you are looking for a versatile resultant with plenty of meat on offer (not just in the burgers!), then this is a restaurant to certainly try out.
Uncle Tony’s is all about making the juiciest homemade burgers possible with plenty of fresh ingredients, making the restaurant a great choice for those looking for the best burgers in The Woodlands.
There are two major types of burgers at Uncle Tony’s that can be customized: Rattlesnake burgers and Angus burgers.
The Rattlesnake burgers are a spicier option thanks to featuring plenty of jalapeños, but the meat itself is a combination of regular Angus beef mixed with special spicy pork sausage.
These burgers also tend to come with chopped jalapeños, lettuce, tomatoes, muenster cheese, pickles and diced onions on a jalapeño cheddar sourdough bun.
The Angus burgers are more standard, featuring a seasoned Angus beef patty alongside side lettuce, pickles, onions and tomatoes.
Both of these main burger types can be changed up according to your personal preferences, with some of the extra ingredients that can be added to them, including:
- Grilled Pickled Jalapeños
- Grilled Mushrooms
- Smoke Peppered Bacon Strips
- Grilled Pineapple Slices
- Grilled Onions
- A Substitute for the Jalapeño Cheddar Sourdough that comes with The Rattlesnake burger
- Sliced Avocado
- An Over Easy Fried Egg
- Ranch Sauce
- Uncle Tony’s Grilled Fresh Habanero Hot (this is extremely spicy, so take caution!)
- Sour Cream
- Honey Mustard
- Blue Cheese
- Ranch Sauce
- Italian Sauce
- Barbecue Sauce
For a taste of classic American burgers with some spicy twists if you are feeling brave enough, Uncle Tony’s is the perfect choice.
Grub Burger Bar is a restaurant chain that serves burgers (obviously!), as well as sandwiches, salads and other American fare in The Woodlands.
The menu at Grub Burger Bar features a variety of signature burgers and sandwiches, as well as a selection of sides, appetizers, and milkshakes.
They also offer a selection of local and craft beers, as well as wine and cocktails. The atmosphere is casual, and it’s a great spot for a casual dining or a quick bite.
Going back to those aforementioned signature burgers, Grub Burger Bar is another restaurant that goes all out with the creativity with certain burger recipes, whilst keeping others simple, leading to a wide range of burgers to please a variety of different tastes.
Let’s have a closer look at the signature burgers offered up at the Grub Burger Bar:
- Bacon Love #9: A beef patty with American cheese, applewood smoked bacon, tomatoes, lettuce, pickles and Secret Sauce #9 (sorry, even we don’t know exactly what is in the top secret sauce!).
- Bahn Mi Burger: An Umami burger with Bahn Mi chopped vegetables, jalapeños, mayonnaise and cilantro.
- Cadillac Wagyu: Premium wagyu beef blend- cooked medium rare- with Swiss cheese, roasted garlic A1 aioli, spinach, tomatoes and French fried onions.
- Front Porch: A run-of-the-mill burger with a beef patty and tomato, lettuce, mustard and mayonnaise.
- Guacapotle: A beef patty with Pepperjack cheese, guacamole, chipotle aioli, and pico de gallo. You can also add a side of queso for dipping for a small fee.
- Jive Turkey: A ground turkey patty seasoned with pesto with sprouts, bacon, Swiss cheese, chipotle aioli and avocado.
- Lockhart Legend: A beef patty with cheddar cheese, two onion rings, applewood smoked bacon, sliced dill pickles and Dr Pepper barbecue sauce.
- Mac ‘N’ Cheeseburger: A beef patty smothered in macaroni and cheese with added bacon bits.
- Maverick: A Beyond plant based burger patty with French fried onions, roasted garlic aioli A1, Swiss cheese, spinach and tomato.
- Scorpion: A beef patty with grilled jalapeños, tomatoes, lettuce, Trinidad Moruga Scorpion sauce and Pepper jack cheese. You can opt for inferno style along with an ice cream chaser for a small fee.
- Voodoo Mushroom: A beef patty with Swiss cheese, Absinthe sautéed green onions, Tabasco mayonnaise and mushrooms.
- You’re My Boy Blue: A beef patty with blue cheese dressing, caramelized onions, crumbled blue cheese, spinach, tomatoes and cracked peppercorn seasoning.
As you can see from this wide range of burger tastes and flavor combinations, there is just about something for everyone when it comes to the burgers available at the Grub Burger Bar.
The Woodlands has a variety of burger restaurants that offer a wide range of options for casual dining. From fast-casual chains like Grub Burger Bar, to local restaurants like Fielding’s Wood Grill, there are plenty of options for a great burger in The Woodlands.
Many of these restaurants also offer a variety of sides, appetizers, and drinks to complement the burgers. With a range of atmosphere and cuisines, you are sure to find the perfect spot to satisfy your cravings with our extensive list.
- Stops And Tips For Driving From Dallas To San Antonio - March 20, 2023
- Planning Your Texas Roadtrip: The Best Stops On Dallas To Houston Drive - March 20, 2023
- 19 Best Places To See Bluebonnets In Texas - March 15, 2023